Pineapple and mandarin oranges provide a marvelous flavor boost to ground beef in this skillet recipe.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup salted whole cashews
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain mandarin oranges and pineapple, reserving juices. Set fruit aside. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and reserved juices until smooth; stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour over beef.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cashews, oranges and pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Beef and Noodles in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tropical Beef and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review