Tropical BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken leg quarters (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired; place in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 1/2 cup to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical BBQ Chicken(7)
Sort By :
For all you people having trouble taking the skin off chicken pieces - just use a paper towel - magic!
Very good recipe. I found after 2 hours in the slow cooker the sauce disappeared. Next time I make this recipe I will double the sauce. Thanks for sharing!!!
We loved this one! The recipe makes plenty of sauce. Dried parsley worked just fine. This was so tender that the meat was just falling off the bones after 5 hours of cooking on low. The only downside was that I'm new to having to skin things it took me 35 minutes to skin and trim the chicken. Next time I'll just buy skinless. This would be easy to use to make pulled sandwiches.
I made this with prok ribs and since I did not have orange juice I used pineapple juice and I use 2 cloves of minced garlic instead of garlic salt...the results were YUMMY. This recipe could be used with chicken, pork or beef short ribs. It is wonderful.
tropical bbq chicken was very good! Easy to prepare. I purchased boneless/skinless chicken for this recipe which made it even easier to prepare! 4.5 stars from me! Barb S/Wisconsin Rapids WI
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >