Tropical Bananas Recipe
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1. In a small bowl, toss bananas with lime juice. Add peanuts and honey; mix well. Spoon into individual dishes. Sprinkle with coconut and lime peel. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Bananas
"My husband loved this and it was so simple. We've made it several times and he often asks for it."
"I LOVE this so much, when I didn't have lime one time I just substituted for lemon juice, but it's a taste difference with lemon & lime. However this is one of my favorite banana recipes :D"
"This was a simple recipe, and very healthy. However next time i may try cashews instead? It was fun to try."
"Tropical bananas makes such a delicious dessert, my entire family eats it. We love it and will be making it many more times."
"This is very yummy. I added some ice cream for the kids and they loved their different banana split."
"OMgoodness, this sounds so good! In elementary school we used to have a dessert similar to this using mayo in the dressing with the coconut toasted, it was my favorite. I think this is a wonderful lower fat option, Thank You for the memory, Deb in Ocala, Fla"