Tropical Bagel Pizzas Recipe
"The key to this recipe," writes Carla Crudup of Torrance, California, "is to make sure you finely chop all the vegetables. It's a great recipe to make ahead and store in the freezer or refrigerator. "
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place chicken in a small shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool completely, then finely chop.
- 3. Spread bagel halves with pizza sauce. Top with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 214 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Bagel Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC