Tropical Bagel Pizzas Recipe
"The key to this recipe," writes Carla Crudup of Torrance, California, "is to make sure you finely chop all the vegetables. It's a great recipe to make ahead and store in the freezer or refrigerator. "
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; place chicken in a small shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Cool completely, then finely chop.
- 3. Spread bagel halves with pizza sauce. Top with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pizza equals 214 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC