Tropical Ambrosia Recipe
In Adams, New York, Marguerite Widrick adds whipped topping to convenient pantry items to create this light and fluffy dessert. Toasted coconut and sweet pineapple give the creamy combination its tropical taste.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, extract and pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in pineapple and 3 tablespoons coconut.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining coconut, cherries and cherry juice if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 238 calories, 9g fat (9g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Tropical Ambrosia
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2011
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC