Tropical Ambrosia Recipe
In Adams, New York, Marguerite Widrick adds whipped topping to convenient pantry items to create this light and fluffy dessert. Toasted coconut and sweet pineapple give the creamy combination its tropical taste.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, extract and pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in pineapple and 3 tablespoons coconut.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining coconut, cherries and cherry juice if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC