Tropical Ambrosia Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, extract and pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in pineapple and 3 tablespoons coconut.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining coconut, cherries and cherry juice if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 238 calories, 9g fat (9g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Tropical Ambrosia
"I've been making this recipe for several years, using it as a salad. We all like it, but a son-in-law loves it, as he does most "fluffy" salads. I have never used the extract, sometimes leave out the coconut for those who don't really care for it. I love it because it's quick and easy!"