- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, extract and pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in pineapple and 3 tablespoons coconut.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining coconut, cherries and cherry juice if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Ambrosia
"I've been making this recipe for several years, using it as a salad. We all like it, but a son-in-law loves it, as he does most "fluffy" salads. I have never used the extract, sometimes leave out the coconut for those who don't really care for it. I love it because it's quick and easy!"