Tropical Ambrosia Dessert
This invigorating dessert from Marie Dietz of North Troy, Vermont combines citrus fruit, coconut, dates and nuts for a real taste of the tropics. You can skip the sugar and, if you like, add a little pineapple juice.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pink grapefruit sections (about 1/2 medium grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- In two small serving dishes, layer the first six ingredients in the
- order listed; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Let stand for 5-10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without sugar) equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.