This invigorating dessert from Marie Dietz of North Troy, Vermont combines citrus fruit, coconut, dates and nuts for a real taste of the tropics. You can skip the sugar and, if you like, add a little pineapple juice.
- 1/2 cup chopped pink grapefruit sections (about 1/2 medium grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- In two small serving dishes, layer the first six ingredients in the order listed; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Ambrosia in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p57
Reviews for Tropical Ambrosia Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review