Trivial Pursuit Cheesecake Recipe
Wrap up a family game night with wedges of this colorful cheesecake. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tubes each blue, red, green, yellow, brown and orange decorating gels
- 1. In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafers and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into sour cream; stir to combine. Set aside. Discard vanilla bean. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream mixture until blended. Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove sides of pan; cut cheesecake into six wedges. Squeeze each color of decorating gel onto a different wedge and spread carefully. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 456 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Trivial Pursuit Cheesecake
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2009
"This wasn't very good"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC