Trivial Pursuit Cheesecake Recipe
Wrap up a family game night with wedges of this colorful cheesecake. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 1-1/2 hours + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tubes each blue, red, green, yellow, brown and orange decorating gels
- 1. In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafers and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into sour cream; stir to combine. Set aside. Discard vanilla bean. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream mixture until blended. Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove sides of pan; cut cheesecake into six wedges. Squeeze each color of decorating gel onto a different wedge and spread carefully. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 456 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC