Triple Treat Torte Recipe
A peanutty crust and three deliciously different creamy layers form a tempting treat you'll be proud to prepare and share. I usually draw a crowd when I set out this mouthwatering tort.—Inez Orsburn, De Motte, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:20-24 servings
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Grated semisweet chocolate, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly; stir in the peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. For topping, in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Spread over filling. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC