A peanutty crust and three deliciously different creamy layers form a tempting treat you'll be proud to prepare and share. I usually draw a crowd when I set out this mouthwatering tort.—Inez Orsburn, De Motte, Indiana
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Grated semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly; stir in the peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- For topping, in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Spread over filling. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Originally published as Triple Treat Torte in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p33
Reviews for Triple Treat Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review