Triple-Tier Brownies Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in cereal; set aside.
- 3. Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with peanut butter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Triple-Tier Brownies
"These were quick and simple to make and were a fun change from regular ol' brownies."
"This recipe is a favorite in our circle of friends. It is requested often."
"These brownies are really good! I will make these again."
"this is a great recipe! although I did make a couple changes, we don't often have cream cheese frosting on hand, so I took 1 (8oz.) cream cheese stirred until smooth and than added some powdered sugar and 1 container cool whip. I didn't add nuts either. These were great! definetly would make again!!"
"my husband and everyone at work loved these!!! very good !!! will definetly make again !!"
"i was surprised how easy this was to make and it is so good"
"We love these Bars, only my recipe calls for Marshmellows in place of the cream cheese icing! (makes it not as rich) When brownies are almost done baking, spread an even layer of marshmellows on, let them melt, then put top layer on. (I do not use the nuts either)"
"Will make again, with a bit of a change: Half the amount of the frosting and topping. My husband has the biggest sweet tooth in the world! But even he said they were very good, but a little heavy. It was his suggestion to make again, but lighten the amount of toppings."
"made a big hit at my daughter's birthday party"
"these were so easy to make. everyone said they were the best brownies they have ever had. the top reminds me of whatyoumacallit candy bars. they are amazine and i am making the tonight for my boss who is the biggest brownie fan, i am sure she'll love them. definetely a recipe i'll be keeping around."
"My husband isn't a huge fan of nuts in his food, so instead I added some Toffee bits. Very, very good."