Triple-Tasty Cloverleaf Rolls Recipe
Three types of doughwhite, wheat and cornmealdress up everyday cloverleaf rolls. Pass a basket for an eye-catching addition to the table.Kristina Vanni, North Hollywood, California
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, oil, eggs, salt and 3 cups all-purpose flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Divide dough into three portions; place in separate bowls. Add remaining all-purpose flour to one bowl, whole wheat flour to another bowl and the cornmeal to last bowl.
- Turn each portion onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place each portion in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide each portion of dough into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place one of each of the balls in greased muffin cups; brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Triple-Tasty Cloverleaf Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p33
Reviews for Triple-Tasty Cloverleaf Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review