My kids go for sweet potatoes stuffed with leftover turkey and dressing. We enjoy being in the kitchen together, each of us making our own potato boats. —Ane Burke, Bella Vista, AR
Recommended: Traditional Thanksgiving
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Place potato shells in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in turkey, marshmallows and pecans; spoon into shells. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Triple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review