Triple Sherbet Dessert
"For a special, refreshing and lovely treat, try this sherbet dessert," suggests Mrs. Howard Hinseth of Minneapolis, Minnesota. "Our children requested this dessert many times over the years."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) coconut macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pint each orange, lemon and lime sherbet, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, whipped topping, pecans
- and coconut.
- Spread half into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread with orange sherbet;
- freeze for 10-15 minutes. Repeat with lemon and lime layers. Top
- with the remaining cookie mixture. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 279 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.