This over-the-top breakfast has great flavors—smoky, sweet and spicy. It's a really meaty meal.—Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 2 fully cooked Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), sliced
- 4 fully cooked andouille sausage links (about 1/2 pound), sliced
- 4 fully cooked bratwurst links (about 1/2 pound), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Rye bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and stir sausages over medium heat until browned, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
In same skillet, cook and stir onion and peppers over medium heat until tender, 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle over sausages. Whisk together eggs, cream and hot sauce; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and set, 35-40 minutes. Serve with toasted rye bread.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Triple Sausage Breakfast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p23
Reviews for Triple Sausage Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review