Triple Nut Tart Recipe
A tender cream cheese crust serves as the rich base for a buttery filling featuring cashews, almonds and macadamia nuts. One slice goes a long way.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/3 cups salted cashews
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1. Place flour in a food processor. Add butter and cream cheese; cover and pulse just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 400°.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and 2 tablespoons cream. Pour into crust. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; serve with tart. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice with 2 tablespoons whipped cream equals 354 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC