My dad has always been crazy about nuts, so when I came upon this recipe, I knew I had to try it. The diamond shape is a nice addition to the Christmas cookie tray. —Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup each chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds
- Line a greased 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and
- set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in 1/4
- cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press into
- prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar, honey and remaining butter
- until bubbly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in cream
- and nuts. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until surface is bubbly. Cool
- on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using foil, lift bars out of the pan; cut
- into diamonds. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium,