Triple-Nut Diamonds Recipe
My dad has always been crazy about nuts, so when I came upon this recipe, I knew I had to try it. The diamond shape is a nice addition to the Christmas cookie tray. —Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup each chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds
- 1. Line a greased 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar, honey and remaining butter until bubbly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and nuts. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until surface is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using foil, lift bars out of the pan; cut into diamonds. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC