Triple-Nut Candy Recipe
I've been making homemade candy for years. Family and friends look forward to this caramel and nut sweet treat each Christmas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:64 servings
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1. Place the walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-8 minutes or until toasted and golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in the toasted nuts. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until creamy and thickened. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
1 piece equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC