- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Place the walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-8 minutes or until toasted and golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in the toasted nuts. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until creamy and thickened. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Triple-Nut Candy
Sort By :
I have made this candy eight times in the past three years and every one wants some.
I have made two changes over the years. I substitute two 6.5 jars of macadamia nuts for the Brazil nuts. The second is to boil to a temp of 240 degrees. this makes them less sticky and slightly more chewy.
Very Good and Easy to make.
This is a wonderful recipe. All of my family and friends request these chewy treats around the holidays.