- 5-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 2-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms and shallots in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups broth, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour with remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Triple-Mushroom Stroganoff
"This was really good, but the sauce was kind of runny. Next time, I may try with whole grain pasta"
"The concept of the recipe was good, we really enjoyed all the mushrooms. I made exactly as written this time, but will have to tweak b/f making again. There was a bit too much sour cream for us."
"I loved this, the flavor was great. Next time, I may make with whole grain pasta though. Also, the sauce was a little thin, but it worked."