Triple Mashed Vegetables Recipe
When Noel Heckler of Wolcott, New York had trouble getting her family to eat rutabaga, she knew she'd need a flavor-filled recipe to convince them to try it. "This is a nice variation on plain mashed potatoes," she says. "And it's so colorful!"
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (3-1/2 cups)
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain vegetables and transfer to a bowl. Mash vegetables and add the butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 162 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Triple Mashed Vegetables
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC