When Noel Heckler of Wolcott, New York had trouble getting her family to eat rutabaga, she knew she'd need a flavor-filled recipe to convince them to try it. "This is a nice variation on plain mashed potatoes," she says. "And it's so colorful!"
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (3-1/2 cups)
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain vegetables and transfer to a bowl. Mash vegetables and add the butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Triple Mashed Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p48
Reviews for Triple Mashed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"I was raised on mashed rutabaga and carrots, but have never tried it with potatoes. It sounds really good."