When Noel Heckler of Wolcott, New York had trouble getting her family to eat rutabaga, she knew she'd need a flavor-filled recipe to convince them to try it. "This is a nice variation on plain mashed potatoes," she says. "And it's so colorful!"
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (3-1/2 cups)
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain vegetables and transfer to a bowl. Mash vegetables and add the butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Triple Mashed Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p48
Reviews for Triple Mashed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"I was raised on mashed rutabaga and carrots, but have never tried it with potatoes. It sounds really good."