Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs
Why settle for traditional mashed potatoes when you can enjoy three times the flavor? Combine spuds with rutabaga and parsnips, along with the zip of horseradish, for a taste treat.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables and salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in bread
- crumbs; toast over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until golden brown,
- stirring frequently. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; return to pan. Mash vegetables over low heat,
- gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Spoon into
- serving dish; top with bread crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings (2/3