Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs
Why settle for traditional mashed potatoes when you can enjoy three times the flavor? Combine spuds with rutabaga and parsnips, along with the zip of horseradish, for a taste treat.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables and salt in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or
- until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in bread crumbs;
- toast over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring
- frequently. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; return to pot. Mash vegetables over low heat,
- gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Spoon into a
- serving dish; top with bread crumbs. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup).