- 1-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga and salt in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; return to pot. Mash vegetables over low heat, gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup).
Originally published as Triple Mash with Buttered Horseradish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p50
Reviews for Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review