Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs Recipe
Why settle for traditional mashed potatoes when you can enjoy three times the flavor? Combine spuds with rutabaga and parsnips, along with the zip of horseradish, for a taste treat.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables and salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in bread crumbs; toast over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
- Drain vegetables; return to pan. Mash vegetables over low heat, gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Spoon into serving dish; top with bread crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup).
Originally published as Triple Mash with Buttered Horseradish in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >