- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Pour over prepared crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over top. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Layer Pretzel Brownies
Sort By :
"I think I will flip it over as well and drizzle the chocolate over the pretzel.....they were awesome !!!"
"After reading the reviews with the difficulty of the bottom crust I made it in the morning and let it set all day before I finished the brownies. I also lined my pan with parchment paper which I let hang out of the pan by an inch and a half. I then followed the recipes according to the directions except I baked them according to the instructions on the box of brownies -not the recipe. . I was able to easily remove the brownies because of the parchment paper. I just grabbed both ends and pulled it out of the pan. The combination of sweet and salty is addicting."
"These things are fantastic. I greased a 13x9 baking dish, crushed 2 cups of pretzels (actually, I stuck them in the blender and pulverized them), and used a cup of butter for the crust. I baked that the night before so it had plenty of time to set. I then made the brownie portion, leaving the brownies undercooked so they were more fudgey (if that were a word!). To top it, I used nutella rather than the peanut butter/chocolate chip combo. They are difficult to get out of the pan, but awesome!"
"Used 2 cups finely chopped pretzels & 2 1/2 sticks butter for crust; still came out crumbly & bland. I think a different crust is needed here. Substituting 8 oz Cream Cheese instead of the chocolate chips to make the frosting. Will mix with the peanut butter. the brownie mix I used (Giardelli's) already had semi-sweet, milk & another chip in the mix so I think making the frosting with the chocolate would be too much. I made sure not to overbake the brownies. This recipe needs some tweaking."
"I love the flavor combination. My crust did not stay together as well. I used a food processor to finely crush the pretzels and refrigerated the brownies overnight before cutting them. I ended up serving them upside down with the pretzels sprinkled on top!"