Think of a brownie pie with a pretzel crust and peanut butter-chocolate topping. Now stop thinking about it and make it happen. —Cathie Ayers, Hilton, New York
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Pour over prepared crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over top. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Triple-Layer Pretzel Brownies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p45
Reviews for Triple-Layer Pretzel Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review