Triple Layer Mud Pie Recipe
What to do with leftover sweetened condensed milk: Store leftover sweetened condensed milk in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week. Serve over cup-up fruit or hot cooked oatmeal. Or for extra flavor, stir into cup of hot brewed coffee or tea instead of regular milk.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) JELL-O® Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine chocolate and condensed milk until well blended. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon 1-1/2 cups pudding into crust. Stir half of the whipped topping into the remaining pudding until well blended. Spread over pudding; top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC