- ice cream shell, spreading to completely cover the top. Cover and
- freeze overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Cool. Remove bombe from the freezer and invert onto a
- serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Working quickly, spread
- chocolate, a little at a time, over entire bombe. Freeze until
- chocolate is firm. Cut into wedges. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 524 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now