- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat in eggs. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Layer Cookie Bars
Sort By :
"i have been making these for years, since i first saw the recipe. i use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet. i also buy the bigger bag of coconut, and spread it on thick. i actually have a pan in the oven right this minute! :)"
"Excellent, yummy. My entire extended family loved them. I did cheat. I started with a box brownie mix for layer 1 and followed the recipe from there. The peanut butter in the frosting is very subtle."