Triple-Layer Cookie Bars Recipe
My family just loves these chewy chocolate and peanutty bars. They're perfect for dessert and snacks. I make them whenever I get a craving for something sweet and special. —Diane Bradley, Sparta, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat in eggs. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 290 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC