- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat in eggs. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Layer Cookie Bars
Sort By :
"These were better once they were at room temperature. We don't like coconut so I subbed mini M&M's for the coconut. I poured the sweetened condensed milk over the brownie layer and baked for 20 minutes, then put the mini M&M's over that layer before spreading over the "frosting". When they were cooled they weren't great, but as they warmed up to room temperature and softened up they were really great! Will definitely make again!"
"Will someone share with me an easy way to spread the brownie layer in a greased pan"
"Delicious bars! Will make them again soon!"
"i have been making these for years, since i first saw the recipe. i use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet. i also buy the bigger bag of coconut, and spread it on thick. i actually have a pan in the oven right this minute! :)"
"Excellent, yummy. My entire extended family loved them. I did cheat. I started with a box brownie mix for layer 1 and followed the recipe from there. The peanut butter in the frosting is very subtle."