My family just loves these chewy chocolate and peanutty bars. They're perfect for dessert and snacks. I make them whenever I get a craving for something sweet and special. —Diane Bradley, Sparta, Michigan
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Beat in eggs. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Originally published as Triple-Layer Cookie Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p64
Reviews for Triple-Layer Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review