Triple-Layer Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Nothing is as wonderful as cheesecake! This one features delicious chocolate crust and white chocolate flavor! It is so impressive, guests will be so impressed.—Caryn Wiggins, Columbus, Indiana
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Raspberries, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- 1. Combine the wafer crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat one 8-oz. package cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Lightly beat 1 egg; add to cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and 1/3 cup sour cream. Spoon over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, beat second 8-oz. package of cream cheese, brown sugar, flour and 1/3 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Lightly beat 1 egg; add to cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over chocolate layer. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 4. Beat 3-oz. package of cream cheese, almond extract, and remaining sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Lightly beat remaining egg; add to cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Carefully spoon over pecan layer.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. For glaze, chop 3 oz. semisweet chocolate and place in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Remove sides of springform pan; spread glaze over top of cheesecake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Refrigerate until serving.
- 7. For chocolate curls, melt remaining semisweet chocolate; spread with a spatula into a very thin layer on a baking sheet. Chill for 2 minutes or until set.
- 8. Microwave white chips and oil at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring until melted. Spread with a spatula into a very thin layer on a second baking sheet. Chill for 2 minutes or until set.
- 9. To make curls, push a metal spatula firmly along the baking sheet, under the chocolate, so the chocolate curls as it is pushed. (If chocolate is too firm to curl, let stand a few minutes at room temperature; refrigerate again if it becomes too soft.) Use a toothpick to carefully place each chocolate curl on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 10. Arrange chocolate curls on top of cheesecake just before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC