- Boiling water
- 16 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter.
- Pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5
- In another bowl, beat the sugar, butter and chocolate. Beat in egg
- and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually
- add to the chocolate mixture alternately with milk, mixing well
- after each addition. Stir in pecans; spread over bottom layer.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool.
- For frosting, in a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and
- butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla
- (mixture will be very crumbly). Beat in enough water (about 2
- tablespoons) to achieve desired spreading consistency. Immediately
- frost brownies and top with pecans halves. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.