Triple Layer Brownie Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar, optional
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), shaved
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, melt chocolate in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in cream and sugar if desired, until well blended. Heat to a gentle boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until mixture reaches a pudding-like consistency, stirring a few times.
- Beat until soft peaks form. Immediately spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Triple Layer Brownie Cake
Sort By :
"BEST EVER! What a wonderful dessert to enjoy with family and friends for my hubby's Birthday! Everyone said it was so moist , rich and yummy! A little bit goes a long way. :)"
"WOW! When I read the reviews I was so excited to make this. My son loves brownies and I made it for his birthday. Apparently somehow this recipe and the reviews had to have been mixed up, this cake was dry, dry, dry and it had a funny flavor. I don't even know what to say about the frosting. Both went in the trash and we made brownies from a box mix. So sad, I was really hoping to find a delicious new desert. The only reason I gave it one star is because you can click zero."
"This review is for the cake only. Very good! The cake is moist and really does taste like a brownie. I substituted 3 tablespoons baking cocoa with 1 tablespoon of canola oil for each 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate. I made my favorite chocolate frosting recipe to top it off."
"mmm lovin it"
"A change of pace from regular chocolate cake. Instead of making shavings from milk chocolate bars, decorate with sprinkles or chocolate jimmies... or decorate with something seasonal."