Triple-Herbed Biscuits Recipe
As if the tenderness and flakiness of these biscuits wasn't reason enough to fall in love with them, the robust herb flavor is! Serve them with any number of main dishes, or just enjoy one all by itself. —Roblynn Hunnisett, Guelph, Ontario
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and 2/3 cup milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 10 times.
- 2. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining milk. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
1 biscuit: 229 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Triple-Herbed Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC