As if the tenderness and flakiness of these biscuits wasn't reason enough to fall in love with them, the robust herb flavor is! Serve them with any number of main dishes, or just enjoy one all by itself. —Roblynn Hunnisett, Guelph, Ontario
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and 2/3 cup milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining milk. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Originally published as Triple-Herbed Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p232
Reviews for Triple-Herbed Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review