Triple-Grain Pilaf Recipe
Looking for a side dish with a pleasant nutty flavor? Our Test Kitchen came up with this easy pilaf recipe that's a perfect mild accompaniment to poultry, beef or fish. The combination of rice, bulgur and barley gives it a nice blend of textures.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, bulgur and barley; saute for 3 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 208 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch
Reviews for Triple-Grain Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC