Looking for a side dish with a pleasant nutty flavor? Our Test Kitchen came up with this easy pilaf recipe that's a perfect mild accompaniment to poultry, beef or fish. The combination of rice, bulgur and barley gives it a nice blend of textures.
Recommended: 20 Quinoa Recipes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, bulgur and barley; saute for 3 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Grain Pilaf in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p50
Reviews for Triple-Grain Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review