Triple-Ginger Gingersnaps Recipe
Ginger cookies are holiday hits. Tuck them into clean, recycled coffee cans wrapped in decorative paper. With a glue gun, add ribbon or trim. —Jessica Follen, Waunakee, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and fresh ginger.
- 2. Combine flours, ground ginger, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in crystallized ginger. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 3 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Triple-Ginger Gingersnaps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC