Triple Fruit Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries, raspberries and chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt. Add to fruit; stir gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 410 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.