Triple Fruit Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries, raspberries and chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt. Add to fruit; stir gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Triple Fruit Pie
Sort By :
"C hrisBoyce, you need to buy a box of Minute Tapioca. Kraft is one brand..The box is about twice the size of a pudding box. Many fruit pie recipes call for tapioca, and it's not the pudding. It's a thickening agent. Margie-Lou"
"An excellent pie. Used fresh rhubarb and frozen berries. This will become a spring tradition."
"One of the best pies I have ever eaten. I was not a rhubarb eater until I visited my sister-in-law's and she served me this pie. I asked for the recipe and now make it every year during rhubarb season."
"This recipe was wonderful it tasted great. However I am not sure if I did something wrong because my pie didn't settle it was really runny. I was confused on the tapioca. I just purchased the Cook and Serve Jello Tapioca and made it and then added 1/4 c. of the tapioca to the mix. Was this correct or what was the correct way? More specific instructions would have been helpful. Over all though runny or not it was delicious!"