Triple-Decker Salmon Club Recipe
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and pickle relish. In another bowl, combine salmon and celery.
- 2. For each sandwich, top one piece of toast with lettuce if desired and half of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with a second piece of toast; spread with half of the salmon mixture. Top with a third piece of toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,494 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.