Triple-Coconut Macadamia Macaroons Recipe
For a truly luxurious cookie experience, try these slightly sweet and tender morsels. Two varieties of coconut—sweetened and unsweetened—and cream of coconut add intense flavor to every nibble. —Robin Jungers, Cambellsport, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sweetened coconut, unsweetened coconut and macadamia nuts. In a small bowl, combine the cream of coconut, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir into coconut mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Shape into loose mounds. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip or drizzle cookies with chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC