Triple-Coconut Macadamia Macaroons Recipe
For a truly luxurious cookie experience, try these slightly sweet and tender morsels. Two varieties of coconut—sweetened and unsweetened—and cream of coconut add intense flavor to every nibble. —Robin Jungers, Cambellsport, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sweetened coconut, unsweetened coconut and macadamia nuts. In a small bowl, combine the cream of coconut, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir into coconut mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Shape into loose mounds. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip or drizzle cookies with chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC