Triple-Coconut Macadamia Macaroons Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened coconut, unsweetened coconut and macadamia nuts. In a small bowl, combine the cream of coconut, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir into coconut mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Shape into loose mounds. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip or drizzle cookies with chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Coconut Macadamia Macaroons(6)
Sort By :
Cream of coconut is so much better than sweetened condensed milk. The taste is super good. My complaint would be when I measured a cup of the cream of coconut it took almost the whole can. Maybe I measured wrong but they cooked for 16 minutes and were a little runny and sticky...when cooled fell apart? The taste is awesome but presentation was awful. I am going to try again this recipe and hopefully hear other peoples commits to learn what I can do different. I would rate it a 5 if I can get them to hold together.
I haven't made this recipe yet, but wanted to say that cream of coconut and coconut milk is not the same. Cream of coconut is sold in stores by drink mixes like bloody mary mix, margarita mix, etc. It is extremely thick and rich and you should shake the can before opening as often the fat settles and solidifies on the top of the can. (Coconut oil is solid at room temp.)
Also, as for beating the egg whites, my current macaroon recipe does not call for the egg whites to be whipped and it works great.
I plan to make these and see how they match up to my current recipe.
Cream of coconut is a product often used in Pina Colada's-look for brands like CoCo Lopez-if you can't find it in a grocery try a liquor store. I believe it is used in Puerto Rican cooking as well.
what is cream of coconut? Do you mean coconut mlk? I'd like to make these, but not sure about the cream ofcoconut.
What is cream of coconut? Is that coconut milk?
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coconut Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >