- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chips. Frost cookies; sprinkle with peppermint candies. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Chocolate Peppermint Treats
Sort By :
"These are my family's absolute favorite cookies! I do not frost them, I just make the cookie part and they are double chocolate peppermint cookies...YUM! I also just use the semi-sweet chips. I have made them for a cookie exchange and everyone loved them. They are the best."
"These are easy to make and really good. I think next time I may add some peppermint extract to cookie mix for an even more minty taste"
"Made these at christmas, and words cannot describe how much we loved them!!! Making them for valentines day!! Thanks, Sherri :)"
"Our NEW Christmas favorite. Wonderful. Put a 1/4 tsp. of Peppermint flavoring in the frosting for an extra kick."
"Love these. To make these easier to bake with my little kids, I skipped the frosting and added both Andes mint chips and Andes peppermint chips to the dough. They still looked Christmas-y with the green and pink chips!"