Triple-Chocolate Peppermint Treats Recipe
Santa is sure to stop by your house if you leave these minty chocolate cookies waiting for him. They're quick and easy for the whole family to make together. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white baking chips; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chips. Frost cookies; sprinkle with peppermint candies. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC