Triple Chocolate Kisses Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa
- Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and extract; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in grated chocolate.
- Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with the meringue. On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe forty-two 1-in. circles.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each. Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered. Dust with cocoa.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Kisses
Sort By :
My family request me to make these every year. I use vanilla instead of almond. I just wish I was better at piping. Other than that great. have made them many times. (It can't be to warm when making or mix gets to "runny".
I have seen this recipe and have been wanting to make it. Did everything to a T and these did not turn out. They totally spread and the melted chocolate was all over the spatula trying to remove them to cool. I have made other meringue cookies before that turn out beautifully, not these.
I love kisses and I definitely love this recipe. I know of somebody who now sells this with different kinds of chocolate shavings.
Wow you actually improved the perfect pop in your mouth treat!!!
When I first saw this recipe, I thught wow I didn't think you could improve on a kiss! Was I wrong!!!