Triple Chocolate Kisses Recipe
These crisp meringue cookies with a chocolate center are easy to make but look like you spent a lot of time. When our son and daughter-in-law moved into their first home on Valentine's Day, I prepared them a nice dinner and gave them a batch of these treats. -Evelyn Lindburg, Shenandoah, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:21 servings
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa
- 1. Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add cream of tartar and extract; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in grated chocolate.
- 3. Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with the meringue. On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe forty-two 1-in. circles.
- 4. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each. Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered. Dust with cocoa.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC