Triple Chocolate Kisses Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa
- 1. Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add cream of tartar and extract; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in grated chocolate.
- 3. Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with the meringue. On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe forty-two 1-in. circles.
- 4. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each. Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered. Dust with cocoa.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Kisses
"My family request me to make these every year. I use vanilla instead of almond. I just wish I was better at piping. Other than that great. have made them many times. (It can't be to warm when making or mix gets to "runny"."
"I have seen this recipe and have been wanting to make it. Did everything to a T and these did not turn out. They totally spread and the melted chocolate was all over the spatula trying to remove them to cool. I have made other meringue cookies before that turn out beautifully, not these.Disapointed."
"I love kisses and I definitely love this recipe. I know of somebody who now sells this with different kinds of chocolate shavings."
"Wow you actually improved the perfect pop in your mouth treat!!!"
"When I first saw this recipe, I thught wow I didn't think you could improve on a kiss! Was I wrong!!!"