These crisp meringue cookies with a chocolate center are easy to make but look like you spent a lot of time. When our son and daughter-in-law moved into their first home on Valentine's Day, I prepared them a nice dinner and gave them a batch of these treats. -Evelyn Lindburg, Shenandoah, Iowa
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa
- Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and extract; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in grated chocolate.
- Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag. Fill with the meringue. On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe forty-two 1-in. circles.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each. Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered. Dust with cocoa.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Triple Chocolate Kisses in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p27
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Kisses
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review