Creamy chocolate pie makes for an indulgent dessert. My light version let's you have this treat without any guilt. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of instant coffee granules to the sugar-cocoa mixture for a mocha pie.— Mary Ann Ring, Bluffton, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon grated chocolate
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and egg white; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over filling; sprinkle with grated chocolate. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Triple Chocolate Dream Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Dream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review